News & media
Our virtual town hall addressed anti-Asian racism related to the COVID-19 pandemic in Austin and Central TX. Our goal was to create a space for AAPI experiences around COVID-19 related racism to be shared and recognized, offer ideas and resources on how to protect our communities, and provide opportunities to build solidarity with the larger Austin community.
- Austin Mayor Steve Adler
- Dr. Eric Tang–Associate Professor in the African and African Diaspora Studies Department and Director of the Center for Asian American Studies
- Ayshea Khan–Asian American Community Archivist, Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
- Somprathana Akeela Kongdara–Resource Director, Burnt Rice Bunch
- Lun–Community Health Navigator, Austin Asian Community Health Initiative, Inc.
- Darlene Lanham–Executive Director, Asian Family Support Services of Austin
- Amy Wong Mok–Founder & CEO, Asian American Cultural Center
- Deborah Alemu–Community Organizer
- Carmen Llanes Pulido–Executive Director, Go Austin/Vamos Austin
- Paula X. Rojas–Community Equity Strategy Consultant, University of Texas Dell Medical School