Our virtual town hall addressed anti-Asian racism related to the COVID-19 pandemic in Austin and Central TX. Our goal was to create a space for AAPI experiences around COVID-19 related racism to be shared and recognized, offer ideas and resources on how to protect our communities, and provide opportunities to build solidarity with the larger Austin community.
- Austin Mayor Steve Adler
- Dr. Eric Tang--Associate Professor in the African and African Diaspora Studies Department and Director of the Center for Asian American Studies
- Ayshea Khan--Asian American Community Archivist, Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
- Somprathana Akeela Kongdara--Resource Director, Burnt Rice Bunch
- Lun--Community Health Navigator, Austin Asian Community Health Initiative, Inc.
- Darlene Lanham--Executive Director, Asian Family Support Services of Austin
- Amy Wong Mok--Founder & CEO, Asian American Cultural Center
- Deborah Alemu--Community Organizer
- Carmen Llanes Pulido--Executive Director, Go Austin/Vamos Austin
- Paula X. Rojas--Community Equity Strategy Consultant, University of Texas Dell Medical School
Presented by Hailey Easley, Executive Director of Austin Asian Community Health Initiative
Presented by Dr. Eric Tang, Associate Professor in the African and African Diaspora Studies Department and director of the Center for Asian American Studies.
Presented by Ayshea Khan, Asian American Community Archivist, Austin History Center, Austin Public Library