GET INVOLVED / Join our Board of Directors!
The Austin Asian Community Health Initiative (AACHI) Board of Directors comprises leaders dedicated to the organization’s mission of improving the health & well-being of Asians in Central Texas through advocacy, education, and support. As an initiative employing diverse, culturally specific Community Health Navigators to serve the Asian and Asian American community in Central Texas, AACHI’s board strives to be a model of meeting community needs through collaborative and equitable means.
Our board members champion the importance of health equity and believe everyone deserves the chance to live their healthiest life possible. In addition to the typical roles and responsibilities, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization. They are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for AACHI to advance its mission.
The AACHI Board of Directors comprises leaders from across sectors dedicated to the organization’s mission. Serving on the AACHI Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual passionate about advocating for issues that affect the health and wellness of Asian and Asian American communities.
AACHI primarily serves Burmese, Chinese, Iraqi, Korean, Nepali, Syrian, and Vietnamese clients. Additionally, 35% of clients are over the age of 65. Our Board of Directors needs to be mindful of and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
Board members must:
- Have the financial acumen to read and understand AACHI’s financial statements and help otherwise the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Attend four board meetings per year, read board materials before board meetings, and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Serve on one or more board committees (description at link) and actively participate in committee work.
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for AACHI to achieve its mission.
- Leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff identify and solicit potential funders and directly invest in AA• • • CHI’s work by making a unique contribution each year.
- Responsibly represent AACHI to their respective communities and advocate for AACHI’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
- Board terms last for two years, and board members can serve up to three consecutive times.
Desired Skills and Expertise
We are currently recruiting diverse leaders with expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Event Planning
- Marketing & Public Relations
Application Deadline: Friday, June 2, 2023
Click here to apply!